Thursday, October 27, 2011

Useless or Genius? A Mascara Rant.

Mascara is one of, if not the most important items I have in my makeup arsenal. Who doesn't love long, full, luxurious lashes? It has been a key element in the history of cosmetics and is still going strong with no sight of fading. That being said, it is hard to improve upon what already exists out there in today's market.
One thing that definitely makes a difference in a mascara is the type of brush it has. Depending on the type of look you want and what kind of eyelashes you have, you may want a mascara with a bigger brush, creating a more voluminous appearance. Or you may want a brush that defines and separates the lashes, avoiding the clumpy look. But hey, you may like the clumpy look in which case you want to use a brush that has both long and short bristles. This shape distributes enough mascara to make the lashes appear thicker. It all depends on what you want.
I thought I had seen everything pertaining to mascara until I saw this product. Dior broke the mold when they made Diorshow 360, a battery powered mascara that rotates both clockwise and counter clockwise and has a brush in the shape of a double helix. Now, being the practical person I am, this $36 mascara seems like a very expensive and possibly useless invention. I mean, you would have to be pretty lazy not to be able to exert the amount of time and energy it requires to manipulate a mascara wand but then I took the challenge myself and couldn't believe my eyes, literally! Don't break your bank account ladies but if you have some extra cheddar and want to try out something new and adventurous in the art of mascara, if only a one time purchase, try this one. You will never think of mascara in the same way ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment