Saturday, October 22, 2011

Let's Experiment!





On the suggestion of a friend, I have decided to create a blog. I will be posting beauty tips, classic and new, makeup ideas, my favorite products and everything else beauty related. This will not be a daily venture but one that is reserved only for the more interesting moments in my life as a professional makeup artist and believe me, it gets REAL interesting. Enjoy!

I'd like to start with a product I have been obsessing about: Eggplant colored eyeliner. I have a very common combination of brown hair and dark features. I don't wear a lot of makeup but when I do wear it, I like playing with different, subtle colors that accent my natural coloring. I love using a brown eyeliner pencil but to shake things up, I have been using a deep purple to rim my lash line, top and bottom, with a few coats of mascara to finish. I usually use a smudging tool, q-tip or my finger to blend in the color, making it a bit of a softer look. If I want it to be a bit more dramatic, I take a black pencil and then make a smaller fine line right into the lash line. You can either blend this in or leave it as a more pronounced line. The one I have been using is Dior's Eyeliner Pencil in Violet.

No comments:

Post a Comment